1. Tell us about yourself. What is a day in your life like?
I am 44 years old and was born in Mauldin, SC. I have been married for 19 years and have two kids, Maggie (15) and Ben (13). I work for an insurance broker in downtown Charlotte. When I’m not at work, I run a taxi service for the kids. Outside of CrossFit, I enjoy fishing and backpacking.
2. What got you into CrossFit? What keeps you coming back for more?
I started CrossFit to get in better shape and I could not stand the thought of running on a treadmill or working out by myself in a gym where I would not have any idea what to do. I keep coming back because we are always doing a different workout and I really enjoy the sense of community, not to mention avoiding the shaming I would get from JJ and Eli.
3. Cat, dog or fish. You can only choose one. Which would you choose and why?
Cat. They are quick on their feet and lazy at the same time. Plus, they don’t make much noise and require very little care.
4. Who is your hero and why?
My wife, Jennifer Grey, is my hero. She is so dedicated to her faith, our children and her job as a teacher.
5. What would you do even if you didn’t get paid to do it?
Building projects on church mission trips.
6. If you could spend a week any where in the world, where would it be?